Sunday, March 08, 2009

Footprints

When I went over to Japan I took a picture of this writing on the wall, that I thought was beautiful and inspirational.

Hope you like it and leaves you thinking all day.



Footprints


One night I had a dream.

I dreamed I was walking along the beach with God,

and across the sky flashed scenes from my life.

For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,

One belonged to me,

and the other to God.

When the last scene of my life flashed before me,

I looked back at the footprints in the sand.

I noticed that at times along the path of life,

there was only one set of footprints.

I also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times of my life.

This really bothered me, and I questioned God about it.

¨God, you said that once I decided to follow you,

you would walk with me all the way.

But I noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life,

there is only one set of Footprints.

I don´t understand that in times when I needed

you most, you would leave me¨.

God replied: ¨My prescious, prescious child.

I love you and I would never, never leave you

during your times of trial and suffering.

When you see only one set of Footprints,

It was then I carried you¨.

-Anon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home