Friday, September 21, 2007

state of being

I went back home for spring break to visit my family and friends and for some reason Tijuana keeps changing everytime i go back to it, also the atmosphere feels completely different from when I left, I know I´ve changed since then, but if i were to still live there i would probably feel the changes but gradually. For instance, people on the street cary out a history that is so appareant. for example._ A man walking on a street sign* wearing sunglasses, Unstable... I watched and stared carefully sitting and waiting on my cab-ride while the light turned green : both his hands were bandaged up to his elbows trying hard to turn on a cigarrette with a soft limp over his right leg- a gringo lost in the streets of Tijuana- as i saw him pass by... his back leg held a piece of what seemed to be dry shit stuck to his cargo shorts, he walked into this pharmacy on the corner. Then i took off// the next day i went to San Diego shopping for a lap top and again while waiting in the car to cross the border a woman with pig tails and an outfit of a legit crackhead came running down in between cars,red lipstick smeared on; brushing her hair with a toothbrush saying she needed to take all the chlorine off// wearing a pink underwear as a bandana with a cap over it. As soon as immigration officers came, she ran like the wind back into mexican soil... she acted out very theatrical, over dramatic & excentric, in her head she must have really thought she was in a play :) I think it intrigues me how much the hand gets weak and how strong the mind can hold a state of being for so long, this is why this people fascinate me and inspire me to write about them...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home