Thursday, February 12, 2009

the land of the rising sun

After living on the beach for 2 years I felt like i needed to ride the metro and visit museums in a big city, took a plane over to Tokyo Japan and stayed there for 3 weeks.

The first week i stayed in a hostel, second week i stayed with a Japanese host who would take as many travelers as possible, week three i stayed with an American host who had lived in Japan for a little over 2 years.



Week one was great because I met a bunch of travelers like myself from different parts of the world just out taking life as it came, wonder around the city for the whole day, take pictures, meet random people in the metro, try to understand people, the culture, get lost in the metro, have dinner in traditional restaurants, play pachinko,night clubs, bars, feel free.

Week two I moved in with a japanese host, he spoke 5 languages, and was always doing interesting things, there I met a french band that sang in English and played in Tokyo, one night there were 17 travelers in this small jap apartment, I had to sleep under a table in my sleeping bag next to my Puerto rican buddy who snored, the next day I hung out with him in Shinjuku and he lost his walet, that was a bummer, but he managed to get out of the country back to South Korea.

Week three I transfered to Nippori with an American host, there I felt I had the most fun of all, cause we would constantly be riding the metro back home drunk talking to random people and just hanging out like crazy, he became my brother and long time friend in a matter of days.

Coming back to Mexico was tough because my city is not safe at all, I wish I could go back and live and work where Ive been... well see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home